Virtualization is a standard practise
Virtualization is the process of running multiple "virtual" servers on a single physical machine or cluster of machines.
Principal Technologies can design, deliver and support several different virtualization (hypervisor) platforms to suit your business needs.
What we can do
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Citrix XenServer
- High availability solutions utilising SAN storage
Advantages of Virtualisation
- Lower number of physical servers - you can reduce hardware maintenance costs
- Disaster recovery benefits through improved backup and restore options and not being locked down to a specific hardware platform
- Increased scalability - add additional servers as required without additional hardware costs
- By implementing a server consolidation strategy, you can increase the space utilization efficiency in your data center or server room
- By having each application within its own "virtual server" you can prevent one application from impacting another application when upgrades or changes are made
- You can deploy multiple operating system technologies on a single hardware platform (i.e. Windows Server 2008, Linux, Windows 7, or legacy servers)
- You can develop a standard virtual server build that can be easily duplicated which will speed up server deployment.
For more information, or to receive a quote on any of our products or services, please give us a call on the number below.
(03) 6235 5022